Torpedo Marine Zinc Chromate Primer (Yellow/Red)
- Fast drying primer that can be used to give a moderate protection in the marine related structures and environment
- It has got anticorrosive pigments to enhance the weather ability
- synthetic quick drying alkyd based product and provides good flow, good pigment wet ability and when applied it helps in good anchorage of the subsequent coatings with good adhesion
- In some case it can be used as an extended primer cum finish
- It is strongly recommended for protection of ferrous metals, or Aluminum and Galvanized metals after suitable preparation and proper application.
- It can be applied to non-blasted surfaces with mechanical cleaning
- Standard shades are available Yellow, Red and as per customer requirement.
- The theoretical coverage of TORPEDO MARINE ZINC CHROMATE PRIMER would be approximately 7 – 9 M²/liter at a Dry film thickness of 30 – 40 µ
*Due consideration must be given to the evenness of the surface and the nature of the substrate
- Avoid humid conditions >95% and also dew point of <3% for application
- The expected life span is directly related to the surface cleanliness and proper application, it is therefore mandatory to remove the grease, oil and wax by solvent cleaning
- Any rust or salts can be removed by dry brush, chipping, needle gun or spot blast
- Soluble salts must be washed and dried before the painting job
- Possible weld spatters/spots should be trimmed, rounded and surfaced before the painting job
- Stir well with a convenient mixing equipment for uniformity to ensure good mixing of all the components
- Apply one or two coats of TORPEDO Marine Zinc Chromate Primer as required as per surface profile*
Not suitable for immersed conditions & cannot be coated with 2K, Vinyl & aromatic thinned alkyd systems.
Method of application:
- By roller/brush and if large areas are to be painted one can use suitable spray application
- To keep the brush/roller and spray equipment in good condition for use, clean the same in ROBBIALAC G.P THINNER and dry them immediately after application
- ROBBIALAC G.P THINNER and to the extent of maximum of 5-10% of the paint by volume.
- Stir well with a convenient mixing equipment for uniformity to ensure good mixing of all the components.
- Available in metal tins of 4L packs