Water Repellent Coat
- A single component solvent based and clear coating/sealing material designed for application over porous surfaces, demonstrating high degree of repellency against potential water and moisture attack.
- Solvent based repellency coating
- Good depth of penetration
- Tack free drying
- High alkaline resistance
- Effective even on damp substrates
- Robbialaac Water Repellent Coat is suitable for imparting water repellency to absorbent, porous, mineral construction materials like as:
- Brick work
- Mineral based natural and artificial stone
- Sand lime brick
- Cement fiber boards
- Mineral plasters
- Mineral paints
- All kinds of concrete
The theoretical coverage of Robbialaac Water Repellent Coat would be approximately as below:
- Natural stone : 0 – 2.5 M²/ Litre
- Sand – Lime Brick : 0 – 1.5 M²/ Litre
- Concrete : 5 – 1.0 M²/ Litre
- Plaster : 0 – 1.5 M²/ Litre
- Brick work : 5 – 1.5 M²/ Litre
- Aerated Concrete : 5 – 2.0 M²/ Litre
- Cement fiberboard : 3 – 0.5 M²/ Litre
- Pack Sizes:
- 20 liters pail and 5 liter jerry can.
- The material is to be stored in well ventilated rooms at an ambient temperature not more than 30°c and in original containers.
- Keep away from source of direct heat and ignition.
- Shelf Life:
- Best before one year from the date of manufacture in original sealed container. Identification labels convey all relevant matters.
- The surface to be painted needs to be clear of all grease, laitance and fungal growth
- For best results use ROBBIALAC ANTIFUNGICIDE WASH for effective preparation
- Method of application:
- Apply several coats wet on wet, until the substrate is saturated
- Generally two to three coats suffice for all substrates
- Do not leave long breaks in between coats, apply the next coat when the substrate has absorbed the previous coat and is no longer shiny (maximum time: 15 minutes @ 30° C)
- The required quantity of Robbialac Water Repellent Coat depends on the absorbency of the substrates