Stucco Putty (Internal & External Application)
- A co-polymer based undercoat formulated with pigments of good alkali resistant properties
- The product is a high loaded composition and is used mainly for filling surface irregularities, construction flaws, indentations and hairline cracks
- By applying this stucco the surface is rendered smooth with good leveling and gives good anchorage so as to satisfy the application of the top coats.
- Available in interior or exterior formulation.
- It is strongly recommended for interiors/exteriors on concrete, lime, cement plasters, false ceilings and gypsum boards, respectively.
- It is recommended over suitable primers and as an undercoat for the subsequent coats.
- Available as per requirement
- The theoretical coverage of ROBBIALAC STUCCO PUTTY would be approximately 2- 3 M² /kg at a Dry film thickness of app 100 to 250 µ.
*Due consideration must be given to the evenness of the surface and the nature of the substrate.
- Avoid humid conditions >95% and also dew point of <3% for application
- The expected life span is directly related to the surface cleanliness and proper application.
- The surface to be painted needs to be clear of all grease, laitance and fungal growth
- Wooden surfaces:
- It is strongly recommended that the wood surface be treated with ROBBIALAC WOOD PRESERVATIVE
- Accordingly apply ROBBIALAC STUCCO PUTTY to fill all cracks and irregularities
- Plaster, masonry and concrete:
- For best results use ROBBIALAC ANTIFUNGAL WASH for effective preparation on fungus affected areas
- Apply a single coat of ROBBIALAC ACRYLIC PRIMER UNDERCOAT WHITE/ACRYLIC BINDER CLEAR as an initial coat to provide thorough binding properties for the stucco.
- ROBBIALAC STUCCO PUTTY can be applied to fill all cracks and surface undulation for smooth surface
- We recommend applying one coat of ROBBIALAC ACRYLIC PRIMER UNDERCOAT WHITE/ACRYLIC BINDER CLEAR to provide thorough binding of the final water based top coat
- Painted surfaces that require refurbishing can be prepared by removing the flakey old paint and proceeding with the procedure described above.
*Not suitable for immersed conditions & cannot be coated with 2K, Vinyl & aromatic thinned alkyd systems.
Method of application:
- Apply by means of a putty knife or a broad bladed knife and spread it evenly on the surface to smoothen
- After application, some light sanding is required to remove the applications excesses
- Allow to dry complete before the next coat is applied
- Not required
- Available in plastic pails of 4,10,20 in 6/20/30 KG packs