Polyurethane Clear 2k
- Top quality two component varnish that is constituted from a specially selected polyol containing functionality and a suitable curing agent
- The product is endowed with very good transparency, plasticity, hardness and immense yellowing resistance
- Good flow and leveling properties and the resultant film has good scratch resistance and good mechanical abrasion resistance and gives extended life for the coatings
- It is strongly recommended as a clear top coat on metals, concrete or any type of wood, for protection and long life expectant areas
- Mostly recommended for exterior/interior application
- Available as per requirement
- The theoretical coverage of ROBBIALAC POLYURETHANE VARNISH 2k would be approximately 8 – 10 M²/ liter at a Dry film thickness of 40 – 50 µ
*Due consideration must be given to the evenness of the surface and the nature of the substrate.
Recommendations for application:
- Avoid humid conditions >95% and also dew point of <3% for application
- The expected life span is directly related to the surface cleanliness and proper application.
- Ensure that the surface to be painted is free from dust and other loose flakes that would be detrimental in the proper application
- It is strongly recommended that the wood surface is treated with ROBBIALAC WOOD PRESERVATIVE before the application of the ROBBIALAC POLYURETHANE VARNISH 2K
- Stir well each component with convenient mixing equipment for uniformity to ensure good mixing of all the components.
*Not suitable for immersed conditions & cannot be coated with 2K, Vinyl & aromatic thinned alkyd systems.
Method of application:
- By roller/brush and if large areas are to be painted one can use suitable spray application
- To keep the brush/roller and spray equipment in good condition for use, clean the same in ROBBIALAC POLYURETHANE THINNER and dry them immediately after application
- ROBBIALAC POLYURETHANE THINNER and to the extent of maximum of 10-15% of the varnish
- Stir well with a convenient mixing equipment for uniformity to ensure good mixing of all the components
- Available in metal tins in ½, 1 and 4 liter packs